Arizona Property Investments

Canadian Home Buyers & Real Estate Investors

Be sure to check out the FAQ's and Resources below.

Low housing prices, a favorable exchange rate, and once in a lifetime opportunities make it the perfect time for Canadian buyers to purchase their own "desert cottage". The Arizona Focus Realty team has experience working with Canadian buyers and can help make the transaction smooth and enjoyable. We understand that there are many questions that arise when buying in another country, and we can help answer those questions - from property management, to US property insurance, to escrow and tax related questions.

See Us In Alberta
Since 2008 our team has traveled to several locations and we have held many educational seminars, participated in various trade shows, and cooperated with many Canadian brokerages. We are often invited by various groups and real estate brokerages to attend their functions and to provide company training on the Arizona Real Estate Market and the Arizona home buying process.

Arizona Focus Realty goes to Canada!

Ready to invest? Call or email us today!
480-256-9276 |


Q. What Realtor fees does a buyer pay when purchasing in Arizona?
A. In Arizona the buyer’s agent is paid by the seller. Buyer’s don’t pay Realtor commissions, although buyers have full representation. The buyer’s agent works for and in the best interest of the buyer.

Q. Are there financing options for non US citizens?
A. Yes. Lending guidelines are continually changing so please contact us for details on current programs.

Q. Is there a property sales tax at the time of purchase in Arizona?
A. No. Property taxes are paid semi-annually and are based on the assessed value of the property.

Q. Do you have property management companies who can manage my investment property?
A. We have several property management companies we work with. Most of them charge a nominal set up fee and then 9 or 10% per month to find, screen, place and manage a tenant.

Q. Do you recommend a home inspection?
A. We recommend that every buyer use a home inspector. We can recommend reputable home inspectors.

Q. Who can I have look in on my home while I’m away for long periods of time?
A. There are companies who offer home care taker services for part time residents. We can put you in contact with these companies.

Q. Are taxes withheld when the property is sold?
A. Most likely. When a non US citizen sells a home in Arizona taxes are withheld per FIRPTA requirements. Because tax laws can be complex, it is best to consult a CPA.

Q. Are there attorneys involved in real estate transactions in Arizona?
A. No, attorneys are not involved in real estate transactions in Arizona. Contracts are written by the Realtors.
back to top


Foreign Currency Exchange Broker: FIRMA
Marina Lehner 303, 10310 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton, AB T5J 1Y8, Canada
Tel: 780.423.2217 | Fax: 780.426.5920
Toll Free: 877.423.2217 | Toll Free Fax: 866.408.6946

Cross-Border Tax and Estate Planning:

Foreign Buyer's Guide AZ Focus Realty Presentation

Foreign Buyer's Guide Firma Information

Foreign Buyer's Guide Cross Border Tax & Estate Planning

Foreign Buyer's Guide Foreign Buyer's Guide

The Border Guide The Border Guide by Robert Keats

The Canadian in America by Brian Wruk

The Canadian Snowbird in America by Brian Wruk

The Concise Guide for Canadians by Dale Walters
back to top